CORONAVIRUS UPDATE (COVID-19)
At Cradle Mountain Hotel, the wellbeing, health and safety of our guests and our staff is our first priority.
On an ongoing basis, we operate to a very high standard of cleanliness and environmental health at Cradle Mountain Hotel. We’ve extended our already high standards and have put a number of additional initiatives in place, for the safety of our guests and staff.
If you are unsure of whether prior to arrival in Tasmania, you may have visited anywhere determined to be 'high risk' and should therefore adhere to Tasmanian public health protocols, please visit the Tasmanian Government's Travel Alerts page. You can also ring the Tasmanian Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738.
Cleaning and Hygiene
- We have developed a COVID-19 cleaning checklist for our restaurants and common areas, which includes additional cleaning and sanitisation practices
- We have deployed additional sanitising stations for all staff and guests
- Our team is operating to a heightened hygiene policy
- All staff and guests are given social distancing guidance. This may include floor stickers, increased distance between service areas such as tables
- We are actively minimising numbers of team members in our restaurants
Information and Supervision
- We have introduced training specific to COVID-19. This is compulsory for all team members prior to returning to work
- We're actively working with our teams to ensure they are aware of their responsibilities
- Signage is posted in all food service areas to advise guests of social distancing requirements
- Mandatory contact tracing applies in our restaurant, bar and gallery
- All guests staying or dining with us are required to register their name and contact phone number
- All implemented cleaning checklists are kept up to date and in accordance to our food safety processes
Response to Outbreak
- We have implemented an incident notification process, following the guidelines of Safework Australia
- We're actively mitigating risks across Cradle Mountain Hotel to reduce the risk of entry or spread of the disease. We ask you to understand that we're operating to a new set of standards and we hope you can join us in maintaining a high degree of responsibility
- We are constantly reviewing our processes in line with government guidelines
- We remain informed of updates via the Tasmanian Health Service and other state bodies and are happy to share the latest information with our guests, however if you need direct access, please visit: General Coronavirus Information.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to your stay with us, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the contact form on this website or via 03 64921404.
The COVID Ready Badge identifies Cradle Mountain Hotel as a COVID Ready business and represents that we are operating in line with the NCCC COVIDsafe guidelines and other relevant Tasmanian government guidelines.