Cradle Mountain Wilderness Gallery
Call for Expressions of Interest
The Cradle Mountain Wilderness Gallery invites applications from all Tasmanian artists and curators for exhibitions that respond to the themes:
Wilderness – Environment – Place
Artists are invited to submit proposals for Group and Solo Exhibitions, Installations and Art Projects in any medium and that explore environment; wilderness, urban, suburban, rural or other.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 31 DECEMBER, 2017.
The Wilderness Gallery is situated next to Cradle Mountain Hotel just on the outskirts of the National Park. More than 230 000 visitors travel to Cradle Mountain each year and we aim to entice more visitors to experience the work of Tasmanian artists and to purchase locally produced arts and crafts.
Selection of exhibition proposals is based on the quality of the artwork, artist statement and exhibition rationale. There are a number of spaces available that can accommodate 2D and 3D work, as well as video installations, performance and outside sculptures.
The Cradle Mountain Wilderness Gallery aims to:
• Present a diverse range of exhibitions by emerging and established artists
• Encourage new ideas and new ways of working
• Provide an authentic and diverse experience for visitors to the gallery
Proposals should include:
• Rationale – why do you want this exhibition to be at the Wilderness Gallery?
• Concept - a brief outline of your project including any theoretical and conceptual basis for the exhibition and the issues/ideas you are exploring in your work.
• Details of artwork – medium, number and size of work, presentation method
• Artist CV (maximum of ½ page per artist)
• A brief outline of installation/presentation requirements with reference to the exhibition space and floor plan
• Support material—digital files of the work (maximum of 10) or links to online material
• Typed proposals can be emailed to the Curator, Kylie Eastley at K.Eastley@cradle mountainhotel.com.au or please call Kylie on 0439 262 344 if you wish to discuss your proposal further.